How can we help you?
Here are just a few ideas....
Examples of our animation & motion graphics videos:
Client : Royal Melbourne Hospital
The Royal Melbourne Hospital was looking for a creative new way to engage staff about wellbeing. The aim was to communicate honestly and openly about some of the challenges staff face and the importance of looking after themselves and their colleagues with a series of videos.
We proposed using animation for a series of videos including a hero launch video, 3 supporting real-life story-based videos & 12 social media mixed format clips. All videos featured real staff speaking adding authenticity to the animated visuals. Services included creative, scripting, storyboarding, animation, graphic design, sound design & more.
"We approached a number of agencies, but only Big & Small understood what we wanted to achieve. They provided creative guidance that elevated our brief, working in collaboration and with professionalism. Highly recommended!"
- The Wellbeing Team - RMH
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does animation cost? There are many variables with animation including the length, complexity of the animation, styling, duration, sound design and voice over requirements just to name a few. Each project is different and certain elements like having the characters speaking for instance adds additional cost and complexity. Most animation projects we produce start at $2500+GST and go up from there depending on the above variables. Get in touch with a friendly member of our team who will learn about your requirements and can discuss what you want to achieve and the communication problem you want to solve. We will then tailor a customised quote and creative outline that works best for you.
- We’re new to animation, is it a difficult process? In some ways, animation can be easier than video. While there are a few more approval stages involved, animation allows us to have extreme control over everything from scripting, to the design of the animation style and any characters, as well as what they do and how they interact on-screen. We also have a tried and tested step by step process which guarantees you will love the final outcome. No surprises whatsoever! Get in touch to learn more, or look at our processes below to see how it all works.
- What if we need to update the animation down the track? If there’s one thing about animation - its the simplicity of updating it down the track. Video can sometimes be hard and expensive to update especially if it involves re-filming content or getting actors back in the studio. We maintain multiple copies and backups of your project on and off-site, so it’s a simple case of us reinstating the project and making any changes - whether it be to the visuals, the voice over or more. Easy!
- Do you offer translation, transcription and/or subtitles for animations? We’ve produced animations for companies across the globe, including projects that required both language translations and subtitles. While we don’t do the translations ourselves, we have trusted partners who can help out with this once the script has been completed. Similarly we have professional transcription agencies we utilise to achieve a perfect transcription. We then have multiple options when it comes to subtitling - including adding the subtitles permanently into the video (hardcoding) or supplying an SRT file which can be loaded alongside the final animation into youtube, vimeo, wistia and many internal video hosting solutions. This is called closed captioning, and is generally the better way to go (although not always!). We can discuss this further with you and recommend a solution based on your exact needs.
- Our project is highly sensitive and/or confidential, what steps do you take to ensure confidentiality? We’ve worked on many such projects and are more than happy to sign any NDA’s or agreements to ensure your sensitive information is protected. In fact, we treat every project as sensitive by default. Our offices and servers are highly secure, your data is backed up safely and all our staff have employment contracts which specify confidentiality is paramount. Your secrets (and projects) are safe with us!
Animation Studio Melbourne
Animation is the perfect way to communicate to a broad audience. Animated videos cater to all learning types and ages – and appeal to the senses though colours, dynamic movement and universal characters that transcend barriers.
The very nature of animated videos means you are not limited to the bounds of reality – there is an unlimited number of creative ways to present information to your audience. In this way, animated videos are a great way to explain and simplify complex themes clearly and consisely. Research shows that the majority of audiences would much rather watch a video than read a detailed complex block of written information, and animations are the ideal way to break down and simplify this information in an easy-to-digest, universally appealing format.
Another advantage of animation is its ability to convey your message in a memorable and engaging way. Animated videos stick in the viewer’s mind, making it more likely that they will retain the information and take action. Also, animated videos are versatile & can be used across a wide range of platforms and devices like social media, websites, TV and presentations. They can also be translated into multiple languages, making it possible to reach a global audience with your message.
At Big & Small, we have a team of experienced animators who are experts in creating compelling animated videos that deliver your message in a clear and concise manner. We use the latest animation software and techniques to create visually stunning videos that engage and entertain your audience. Whether you need an explainer video, a product demo, or an animated commercial, we have the skills and expertise to bring your project to life. With Big & Small, you can be confident that you are getting the best quality animation services at an affordable price.
The Big & Small team have made magic happen on a number of projects for us - often with a hectic timeline. However they always deliver professional results that make each project shine! Extremely happy with everything they’ve worked on.
We’ve worked with Big & Small on a number of occasions and they always exceed our expectations. Their expertise and professionalism are exemplary. Always a pleasure to work with them and cannot recommend them enough!
We approached a number of agencies, but only Big & Small understood what we wanted to achieve. They provided creative guidance that elevated our brief, working in collaboration and with professionalism. Highly recommended!
Big & Small took a long and difficult brief, yet brought to life our vision and more. They were patient and supportive, professional and knowledgeable, obliging and committed! The end result was even better than expected.
New To Animation? Here’s How It Works
After learning about your needs we develop a creative treatment for your project. Once approved by you we write the script and collaborate with you to finalise the content and messaging.
This is where we begin designing and developing the look and the feel of the animation. This includes a number of illustrated frames from the approved script and character designs.
This is where we design and develop the full storyboard, which is one illustrated frame from each unique scene in the animation. This allows full control over the design of the animation so there are no surprises.
The final stage, this is where we combine the approved script, concept, storyboards and animate them with music, sound effects and voice over. The final product is delivered!